|Local Authority Reference:||000089879-001|
|Proposal Description:||Residential development Comprising 124 units & Associated New and Upgraded Access Roads, Landscaping & Ancillary Engineering Works|
|Application type:||Detailed Planning Permission|
Comments by Kingswells Community Council
The community council has been involved in the process of planning this development from the early stages, and agrees in principle with the development. We think this is a good opportunity to provide a development in which Aberdeen can be proud. The plans presented in this planning application fall short of our expectation in the following regards:
- The development is just a bunch of homes, there is no sense of place.
- There is no green space in this development. It is not good enough to rely on ‘a central park’ some distance away.
- The layout is not conducive to walking. There should be a network of paths through this development and these should link in to similar paths in adjacent phases of the development.
- It would appear that there are no paths, and pedestrians share the road with vehicles. This is not safe.
- The narrow roadways do not cater for visitors or delivery vehicles. They need somewhere to park without blocking the road.
- There has been no thought of snow clearing and where snow ploughs can push snow.
- The development is the first of a series, and needs to provide residents some facilities prior to the facilities provided by the larger development. For example, there is nowhere for kids to congregate within this development, and no play facilities.
- It will not be a good place to live and some effort needs to be made to provide some quality of life for the first residents.
- The house styles are not pleasing to the eye – some, including the flats, are ugly.
- Some material choices are poor, and some are offensive.
- Appendices of the traffic assessment are not available, so it is not possible to comment on the document.
- It is not possible from the documentation provided to see how this development fits into the wider Masterplan
Kingswells Community Council request that the application is turned down at this time and ask the applicant to address the above points.
Kingswells Community Council