Kingswells Community Council Minutes December 2011

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Minutes of Kingswells Community Council Meeting

 

Date:

Monday 12th December, 2011

Time:

8 pm

Venue:

Kingswells Community Centre

Chair:

BarrieBuchan (Chair)

Participants

Alan Stott, Alex Carnie,Ian Cox(Secretary), Ron Howie,Colleen Manson(Vice Chair), John Gerrie, Sam Stafrace , , Tom Straiton, Stan McEwan

Apologies:

Lord ProvostPeter Stephen,Meg Sands

Representatives
/ Observers:

Police

CouncillorWendy Stuart

Two members of the public

 

Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair

2

Police Report

Police report was distributed by email which shows relatively low crime for the area.

Operation neighbourly was setup to look at youths and the shops. The press were involved in publicising the initiative.

It was noted that more officers are being trained to use the speed gun. It requires two trained officers to charge an offender.

The number of commuters speeding through the village seems to be high.

Nescams can monitor speed at the request of a community council.

KCC thanked the police for their efforts, and the new report format which now suits our needs.

3

Approval of the minutes

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.


4

Points from Member of the Public

The two residents reemphasised the views expressed last month re the importance of community use of the field adjacent to Adventure Aberdeen.

It was noted that the dog trainer’s have ACC permission to use the playing field.

KCC is to find out who owns the field and the purpose of the field.

The ideas of petitioning local residents and getting Local Councillors to lobby for the community were discussed.

KCC

KCC was asked why there was no Welcome to Kingswells sign at the Fairley Roadaccess road. The reason was that a suitable location could not be found, as a sign would have to be setback off the edge of the road for safety reasons.

Post Meeting Note: the signs erected by Stewart Milne at the entrance toFairley Road do not have planning permission. The Road’s Department have issued a Memo expressing concern about road safety aspects of the signs and recommends signs are erected in a safer location using non?reflective materials.

A resident contacted KCC re the lack of Zebra Crossings onKingswells Crescent. KCC did not have strong views on this and decided to get ACC to assess the issues.Barrieis to contact ACC.

Barrie

ACC

5

Attendees and Apologies

As Above

6

Matters Arising (not covered below)

 

Request for new grit boxes – there was no response to the web article.

Alex is to arrange to move the grit box identified last month, and to advise Wendy when this had been done.

Alex

Wendy

It was noted that more complaints had been received re the poor, inconsiderate parking near the school.

Barrieis to contact ACC re the mound of topsoil created during the construction of Dobbies.

Barrie

Stan wrote to the Community Centre re the maintenance of the village centre.

7

Councillors

N/A

8

Planning

Tom is to write to the Ombudsman re Dobbies “hill”, Cockers and Dobbies applications and approvals and subsequent retrospective planning approvals

Tom

John is to be sent the information received on planning applications for Prime Four plots 3 & 4.

9

Treasurer’s Report

 

Bank balance is unchanged from last month.

 

It was agreed to ring fence any excess funding from the 2011 account for consulting the public in future years.

Ian

10

AOCB

The pond near the Doctors’ Surgery is choked with weed again. Tom is to speak to Alistair. The Bucksburn pupils may find this a good project.

KCC thanked Stan and the Christmas tree team for their efforts with the ‘best ever’ tree.

11

Date of Next meeting:

Next meeting will be on 9th January 2012 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 21:30.

Leave a Reply