Kingswells Community Council Minutes January 2014

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Kingswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting

 

Date: Monday 13th January, 2014
Time: 8 pm
Venue: Kingswells Community Centre
Chair: Sam Stafrace (Vice Chair)
Participants Alex Carnie, Stan McEwan, Ian Cox (Secretary), Alan Stott, Ron Howie, Tom Straiton, Meg Sands, John Gerrie 
Apologies: Ivan Tonna, 
Representatives
/ Observers:
Councillor Steve Delaney, Councillor David Cameron,Jim Watson from the Police

Karen Riddoch from ACC

 

Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair       

2

Police Report
Police report was received by email.There was a view that the report did not contain sufficient detail.
ACC will be checking speed of vehicles in Kingswells during January. Steve will send the police details of the information gathered.
There is still a problem with some drivers driving against the one-way system at the shops.
There was a report of inconsiderate parking at bus stop on Kingswells Avenue.

3

Members of the public
N/A

4

Councillors

 

Litter continues to be problematic at the Park & Ride. There was a suggestion that the use of fencing could contain the problem and shield from the wind.David will raise the maintenance of the recycling centre with ACC.

David

 

The waiting room of the P&R has not been open for use recently. David will check on the opening of the waiting room.

David

 

The road markings at the Kingswells roundabout were reviewed, but no report is yet available. ACC is chasing.

ACC

 

ACC have identified the owners of the various shop units around the community centre and are in the process of setting up a system to deal with maintenance, snow clearing and the like.

ACC

 

BT is currently laying cables for fibre optic broadband in Kingswells. This should be available between June and December 2014. This will not affect normal broadband speeds, but will provide an alternative for those who need additional speed.There is no spare capacity in the green cabinets serving the northern part of Kingswells.

It was noted that there is some damage to verges where the cables have been installed.

 

There was a report of fallen trees in Kingswells Crescent and Kingswells Drive.

 

The Kingswells roundabout has not been planted out since the road works, and it is looking rather bleak. KCC wanted to improve the appearance of the roundabout.  It is not sponsored.ACC is currently reviewing the sponsorship of all roundabouts in Aberdeen. It was agreed to await the review before seeking further improvements.

ACC

KCC

 

There was a report of problems with the recently installed field drainage at the Fairley Road field. David will chase.

David

 

There was a report that the driver of an ACC van was seen dumping garden waste into the Bucksburn.

 

Broaddykes Drive may be included in the list of roads to be repaired in the next financial year. Steve will feedback the date of the report.

Steve

 

Morrison Development at Summerhill school will go to committee soon.

5

Approval of minutesLast month’s minutes were approved by the majority of KCC.

6

Matters Arising from the previous meeting

 

Alex will meet with SMG in January re the maintenance of the Bucksburn Valley.

7

Planning & Environmental Issues
Meg will post poster of the Main Issues consultation in the noticeboard.

8

Accounts
No change to the balance of accounts.Any expenses for 2013 should be submitted ASAP.

9

AOCB

 

The contents of the KCC article for the newsletter were discussed.

 

Sam will be moving abroad and will be tendering his resignation in the coming months.

 

Position of chair is still vacant.

10

Date of Next meeting:
Next meeting will be on Monday 10th February 2014 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 22:20.

One comment

Leave a Reply