Kingswells Community Council Minutes May 2015

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Community Council Minutes of Meeting

Date:

Monday 11th May 2015

Time:

8 pm

Venue:

Kingswells Community Centre

Chair:

Stan McEwan

Participants

Alex Carnie, John Gerrie, Trevor Rosbrook, David Simpson, Ian Cox (Secretary), Ivan Tonnar

Apologies:

Meg Sands, Kenneth McAlpine, Ron Howie, Tom Straiton

Representatives
/ Observers

Police Sgt Debbie Burnett

Councillor David Cameron, Councillor Steve Delaney

Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair

2

Police Report

The police report was sent by email.

Area Sergeant’s Observations

The drugs incidents relate to persons believed to be in possession of controlled substances within their motor vehicles. Enquiries were carried out resulting in a report being submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.

The fire call incident relates to SF&R attending reports of a tree on fire; however the cause was unable to be determined.

There have been two reports of vehicles being stolen within the area. The first one relates to an insecure vehicle being stolen from outside the owner’s address and the second one relates to a vehicle being stolen after keys were taken from within an insecure property. Enquiries by a dedicated Unit are currently ongoing. I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that local residents should be extra vigilant to ensure that their property is secure both inside and outside their property.

The theft from a motor vehicle relates to items being taken from an insecure vehicle parked outside the owner’s address.

It is concerning that there have been three incidents of this type over a short period of time and as a result increased patrols are being carried out in the area during the evening and overnight.

Mobile patrols have continued in the Kingswells area throughout the reporting period. Checks are continuing to be carried out in relation to speeding motorists by the local Policing Teams, which have resulted in further motorists being stopped and given advice and one warning being issued for speeding related offences. These checks will continue.

Scratched car at Prime 4

Reports off-road vehicles at the Tyrebagger. There is a special unit assigned to the investigation of this type of incident.

3

Members of the public

N/A

4

Councillors

There was a report of issues with dog mess at Derbeth. Bags of dog waste is being put into normal waste bins and kids are taking it out and throwing it around. There was a request for a separate dog bin.

Claire Burt is organising additional dog bins. Recent enquiries with dog walkers indicated that there were sufficient bins, and they were located in appropriate areas.

Stan is to contact Claire to discuss options to avoid duplication of effort.

Stan

There was discussion re the recent incident with travellers breaking into the P&R, and the possible impact this may have on the proposed changes to the P&R with the introduction of an additional access for the X17 Westhill bus.

A meeting with ACC officials, Councillors and some KCC members was suggested to investigate if further measures were required over those proposed in the approved planning application.

Alex is to contact Amanda Farquhar to arrange the meeting.

Alex

KCC

Councillors

There was a report of damage to tarmac at the junction of Kingswood Drive and Kingswells Drive, near the shops. It was thought that grass cutting machinary may be responsible.

5

Approval of minutes

Last month’s minutes were approved.

6

Matters Arising the previous meeting

The discussions on the provision of a footpath from the P&R traffic lights to Prime 4 continue.

KCC is to email planning and Drum to get an update.

Ian

David has received an email on the repair of the lock block in the Broaddykes area.

An inspection has taken place and it was not found to be in a condition which requires further action.

KCC was disappointed with this response. Recent repairs to tarmac, in Bucksburn, that was in a better condition than that at Broaddykes prompted a question on the criteria used to judge when work was required.

KCC to contact Peter Leonard requesting information on the list of priority roads and the criteria used to assess repairs.

KCC

The field at Fairley Road is still not grassed. KCC would like this addressed ASAP.

Plans are being progressed to provide an adventure park on this land which will be accessible by the public. The estimated value of this is approx. £333,000.

When ACC approve the concept of the project there will be a wider public exhibition to show the proposed plans.

7

Planning & Environmental Issues

N/A

8

Accounts

No change.

Need to replace the noticeboards, and set money aside for benches for walks around Kingswells to be carried to next meeting for discussion.

Ian

9

AOCB

Ian is to update the KCC membership email list.

Ian

There was a report of problems with water issuing from land owned by SMG in the Derbeth area. Awaiting a SMG contractor.

Alex is to get maps of maintenance areas in Kingswells copied and distributed to Councillors.

Alex

Ian

Malcolm Alan will be doing a major tidy-up of the area.

Ian is to contact the Countryside Project for advice on improving the area around the pond at the Doctors’ Surgery.

Ian

10

Date of Next meeting:

Next meeting will be on Monday 8th June 2015 in the coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 21.55.

 

Leave a Reply