Kingswells Community Council Minutes September 2012

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Kingswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting

Date: Monday 10th September, 2012
Time: 8 pm
Venue: Kingswells Community Centre
Chair: Barrie Buchan (Chair)
Participants Alan Stott, Alex Carnie, Ian Cox (Secretary), Ron Howie, Colleen Manson (Vice Chair), John Gerrie, Meg Sands, Sam Stafrace, Stan McEwan.
Apologies: Ivan Tonna, Tom Straiton.
Representatives
/ Observers:
Councillor Steve Delaney, Councillor David Cameron,Oliver Berrow, Aberdeen Journals. Police
Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair

2

Police Report
Police report circulated. (Police representative called to major operation and returned at end of meeting). Quiet month – and of those detailed, most outwith village.
Any other police business:Car rally last month – who at ACC approved/authorised? Barrie to check files & forward past contact to SD to investigate. Memorial rally – underestimated numbers. ACC do not make money from such events – cost of clear up outweighs fee. Plus upset local residents & surface damage. BB/SD 

3

Members of the public
N/A

4

Councillors

 

Hydrogen Bus Depot at Kingswells P&RConcerns raised re article which featured recently in press. P&R appropriate site? Refuel at depot? Windfarm? Hydrogen tanks – size? First Bus reply to DC vague. At this moment in time, no decision has been made + needs to go before planning.

 

First Bus new timetableNumber 40/41 P&R service: Now only to ARI. Meant to be scheduled around shifts but service stops prior to end of last shift.Number 14 becomes Number 11: Concern re 1 less bus during busy morning schedule for school pupils.

Councillors have questioned monopoly of bus service in Aberdeen but no political support in Holyrood. Councillors would like to see an element of regulation when 1 company has more than 50% and have called for minimum frequency/level of service when no competition. Committee meeting Tues 11 Sept – SD to report back.

Stagecoach asked if they would consider diverting Westhill service into P&R. Reply – add too much time but may reconsider in future. (Maybe waiting to see if access change with Prime 4 development?).  X17 from Westhill 10mins frequency. SD meeting with Stagecoach next week.

SD

 

Grass cutting; DC wrote to Envirnomental Services. ACC admitted 2012 work schedule has not been effective – relooking at 2013 programme. DC to keep in contact with Steven Shaw re schedule. Migvie lane in need of attention. Interested to find out budget for Kingswells maintenance & consider private contractor?

 

Prime 4 development: A944 Councillors negotiating sensible approach to road works. ACC not allowing contraflow.Countesswells development wish to remove Kingswells roundabout and install traffic lights.KCC stressed masterplanning for both developments should have been considered together.

 

Tresspass law: not used by Grampian police.

 

Planning Gain: £17k will be allocated to community facilities. Consultation with stakeholders. Best use proposed: village hall.

 

Cold Calling at Sheddocksley: SD highlighted residents suffering persistent cold callers. Grampian police aware and monitoring. Kingswells also experienced cold callers too.

 

Adventure Aberdeen: David Wright waiting on notes on previous meeting. 25 Sept meeting with J Kitching. JG to investigate trust – land ownership still questioned.

JG

5

Approval of minutesThe minutes of the previous meeting were approved with one correction: David Cameron.

6

Matters Arising from the previous meeting

 

Report on Ground Maintenance: To be sent to Steven Shaw, councillors and Chris Fretwell. Blocked drains on Kingswells Avenue (downhill from Cromar Gardens) to be added to report.

7

Planning & Environmental Issues
Huxterstone Masterplan: Scottish National Heritage may be interested in Glacier valley. ACC say they not had request for access road on Lang Stracht although SMG say pre requisite from ACC and advises that because 2 developers: SMG access via Lang Stracht, G Homes access via Fairley road. 2 developers should have nothing to do with access – they should be working in partnership. 5 years to build 120 homes. KCC asked ACC not to rush masterplan. Traffic survey required. Need to get basics right.
Prime 4: Destruction of ancient water course of Denburn Valley. Was Scottish National Heritage consulted? SD & DC to raise matter at meeting 11.9.12.Councillors also asked to raise the whole masterplanning process. SD/DCSD

8

Accounts
No change

9

AOCB

 

School Estate Meeting: 3 community councillors from whole of Aberdeen invited. Short notice – only 1 week. Aim of meeting is to give basic info to public, review school estate & get feedback from public. Officer will detail proposals.
KCN: Suggested inclusions for KCC article: Thank Broaddykes residents for maintaining individual areas. Dog mess/bags being discarded.

10

Date of Next meeting:
Next meeting will be on Monday 8th October 2012 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 9.55pm.

Attachments

  1. kcc minutes sept v2 (28.9 KiB)
    Kingswells Community Council Minutes September 2012

Leave a Reply