Kingswells Community Council Minutes April 2013

Kingswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting

 

Date: Monday 25th March, 2013 (brought forward from April 8th)
Time: 8 pm
Venue: Kingswells Community Centre
Chair: Barrie Buchan (Chair)

 

Participants Alex Carnie, Ian Cox (Secretary), Tom Straiton, Alan Stott, John Gerrie, Meg Sands, Stan McEwan

 

Apologies: Sam Stafrace (Vice Chair),Ron Howie, Ivan Tonna,

Police: Sgt Andrew Jamieson

Representatives
/ Observers:
Councillor David Cameron,

Councillor Steve Delaney

 

Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair

2

Police Report

N/A due to short notice of change of meeting date.  

3

Members of the public

Amenity areas are being absorbed into private gardens. David will find out what is going on.

David

4

Councillors

 

David advised that Kingswells School will be capped at 15 classes. If any of these are composite classes this will effectively reduce the capacity of the school. David will feedback any news to KCC

David

 

Councillors are aware of the importance of the Fairley Road Field to the residents in that locale. The field is the only area available for residents in the south side of Kingswells. The land and any new facilities should remain available to the public.

 

Steve advised that the signs for the West 1 development will be removed ASAP.

 

Bus stops that are no longer on the bus route will be removed.

 

The possibility of a gypsy halting site at Hazelhead has been discounted. The site will not be considered again in the future.

5

Approval of minutes

Minutes were approved

6

Matters Arising from the previous meeting

 

Concern has been raised regarding the loss of the bus stop opposite the church on the A944 west bound carriageway. Some think it is possible to have a new stop further east.

KCC raised the same concerns at planning stage, but were advised that a safe location for a new bus stop would be so far from the village it would be ineffective.

 

The new editor of the newsletter has advised that she will not be involved in any future issues of a newsletter.

KCC will prepare an interim newsletter. Various articles were discussed. The newsletter to go to print during the 2nd week of April.

Post meeting note: a new editor has been found and next issue will be in June.

7

Planning & Environmental Issues

There is concern about the lack of proposed landscaping adjacent to the Kingswells Roundabout. ACC own the ground and Drum are doing road improvements, but there are no plans for additional trees, or details of proposed landscaping. Ian is to contact Drum to arrange a meeting.

Ian

KCC has concerns with the planning system, and are to raise the issues with the Community Council Forum.

KCC to ask what types of applications other CCs had success in influencing the outcome.

There was a view by some members that there was little point wasting time with planning as CC views were often ignored.

8

Accounts

Chair’s expenses £5.84 for cards and water for meeting.  

9

AOCB

 

Prime Four Trust was discussed and four members of KCC (Alex, Alan, Meg and Stan) expressed an interest in being a trustee. The newsletter will seek additional trustees from other organisations within Kingswells.

The trustees will be responsible for prioritising any applications from local groups for monies donated to the trust by Drum and any tenants of the Prime Four development.

10

Date of Next meeting:

Next meeting will be on Monday 13th May 2013 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre.

Meeting closed at 21.30.