Community Council Minutes of Meeting
|Date:||Monday 8th December, 2014|
|Venue:||Kingswells Community Centre|
|Participants||Alex Carnie, Ian Cox (Secretary), Tom Straiton, Kenneth McAlpine, Trevor Rosbrook
|Apologies:||Ivan Tonna, Meg Sands, Ron Howie,
Councillor Steve Delaney
|Councillor David Cameron|
|1||Introduction by Chair|
|There was no police report or presence. Ian is to chase report.||Ian|
|3||Members of the public|
|Recent lock block repairs in Kingswells have been performed using tarmac rather than using replacement blocks. David continues to chase. There are also reports of broken drains under the road surface, which exacerbates the issue.
Stan McEwan has a petition by local residents. This could be used to reinforce the case.
|There was a report that bus shelters on the bus route on Kingswood Drive were being cut / removed. David is to clarify what is happening.||David|
|A footpath is required from the P& R lights to the new hotel. The land is owned by ACC, but Drum Group has agreed to contribute to the costs. David is to chase.||David|
|Work on the Fairley Road field is almost complete, but there are reports of an undulating surface with water being retained in pools. This should be corrected prior to seeding.||ACC|
|5||Approval of minutes
Last month’s minutes were approved.
|6||Matters Arising the previous meeting|
|Some work has been carried out clearing leaves and cutting back trees.
The lane from Kingswood Drive to Kingswells Crescent that is supposed to be maintained by Malcolm Allan continues to require attention. Trevor is to contact Malcolm Allan to ascertain the current situation.
There is an area on Kingswells Crescent, between bus stops, that is not being maintained. David will check if this area is adopted.
|Some work is being done to clear a small part of the pond by the Surgery, but more work using excavating machinery is required. The pond is owned by Stewart Milne Group (SMG). No progress was made during the previous month.||ACC|
|KCC is still awaiting a response from SMG with a list of maintenance issues that they will address.||Alex|
|The issues with maintenance of the shopping area around the Community Centre have resulted in a letter re factoring being issued to those involved.|
|7||Planning & Environmental Issues|
Tom, John and Ian attended a meeting on November 25 re the latest road layout for the Countesswells development.
Heron Property was part of the Countesswells Consortium, which is responsible for the development at Countesswells, but they now appear to be acting independently of the consortium. They propose a road layout that includes a new access off the Kingswells roundabout and a signal controlled junction at the end of the Lang Stracht. The dedicated slip road from Hazelhead towards Kingswells will be lost.
The consortium proposes to use the existing route off the Kingswells roundabout, which will be assigned as a bus only route. The road alignment near the Lang Stracht is much closer to the Garden of remembrance than that proposed by Heron Property.
The new road system should be available by the completion of the 400th home
It is expected that both groups will submit planning applications in the near future when KCC will form a view and make comment to the planning application.
|There was a charge of £7.50 for the kwells.org domain name.|
|There was a report that Open Reach was creating a mess of the verges. In the past, they have performed remedial work when their work is complete. KCC will monitor the work.||KCC|
|The heating in the Community Centre was not effective during meetings. Ian is to check if additional heating can be provided.||Ian|
|10||Date of Next meeting:|
|Next meeting will be on Monday 12th January 2015 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 22:00.|