Kingswells Community Council Minutes February 2013

Kingswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting

Date: Monday 11th February, 2013
Time: 8 pm
Venue: Kingswells Community Centre
Chair: Barrie Buchan (Chair)
Participants Alex Carnie, Ian Cox (Secretary), Tom Straiton, Alan Stott, John Gerrie, Sam Stafrace (Vice Chair),Ron Howie, Meg Sands
Apologies: Ivan Tonna, Stan McEwan
Representatives
/ Observers:
Councillor Steve Delaney,Councillor David Cameron,

Police: Andrew Jenkins

Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair

2

Police Report
The police report was passed around by email.
There were no house breakings or cars stolen this month. This was seen as a good improvement over the previous two months
The Park & Ride has been used for anti-social driving. The police are paying extra attention to this at the times when these activities are most prolific. The police have a bid in for additional resources.

Police

There is CCTV of an incident that occurred at Kingswood Mews, and the footage would be made available to the police.
Incidents of cars being driven and even parked the wrong way on the road in front of the shops were reported to the police. The police are aware, and are dealing with this issue. It was suggested that Community Wardens could assist.

Wardens

Police

Graffiti at the vet was reported. The message was offensive hein nature. Photos were passed to the police. Stan is to collate all graffiti and to report to ACC.Post meeting note: ACC were advised and the graffiti was immediately cleaned up.

Stan

Parking on streets is an issue in Wellside Wynd generally and at Kingswood Mews at football times. Steve will look out information from ACC on this and will take it up.

Steve

Speeding on the A944 continues to be an issue. Police advise to:

  • Phone the service centre
  • Pass on details

Events reported will be dealt with by police calling to educate drivers.

Police report that of all the offenses that occur on the A944 speeding is one of the least common.

Speed recording equipment is built into the road structure on both carriageways near the Vet on the A944.

3

Members of the public
N/A

4

Councillors

 

Steve reported a recent accident on the A944 caused major issues on the Lang Stracht. Sheddocksly Community Council is concerned about roads considering the development in the area including Tesco, Morrisons and Maidencraig.

 

Maidencraig Masterplan has been approved by ACC and the first planning applications are expected during February.A resident had reported issues with access and had asked for KCC assistance. John is to make contact to discuss.

John

 

The current phase in the A944 road works should be complete by the 1st week of March.

 

The proposal to reduce speed on the road to Countesswells was discussed.

  • Some thought the natural speed on that road was 40mph and the current measures were adequate.
  • The nature of that road will change significantly when the Countesswells development starts and some thought additional measures a waste of resources.
  • Historically ACC were likely to approve this type of measure despite KCC comments

It was decided not to make comment.

KCC

 

Steve is still waiting for an answer on the Fairley Road field drainage where SMG is to perform the necessary work to ACC specification.

Steve

 

Steve and David to work together to allow the release of the developer contribution funding for the Village Hall.

Steve

David

 

There is some confusion about who is responsible for clearing the snow around the Community Centre, Vet and Take Away shops. All organisations in this area are jointly responsible for the maintenance of the area. Whether this includes snow clearing is in dispute.In the short term Barrie is to contact ACC Steve Shaw to arrange volunteers to clear the area.

Barrie

 

The road structure on Kingswells Crescent is falling apart and patching is not effective. It was thought that there are plans to replace the road structure. Steve is to check when this would be done.In the meantime any potholes that are likely to cause damage to vehicles should be reported to ACC to initiate the process for making a claim from ACC. Alan is to report to ACC.

The issue of who is responsible for making good temporary road repairs was discussed. As there is long term settlement associated with any road repair it is the local council who has to make the final repair after final settlement has taken place.

Steve

Alan

 

David reported that the procedure for identifying suitable events at the Park & Ride is under review.

David

 

Steve and David are to work together to find a solution to the parking issues around the school. A meeting has been planned.

David

Steve

 

Steve was asked to find out if the proposed improvements in broadband speed could be brought forward from 2015 by utilising the infrastructure provided for the Prime Four development.Post meeting note: As Prime Four is only a user Kingswells would have to wait until new ISPs were identified to maintain the infrastructure to be provided in 2015.

Steve

5

Approval of minutesDecember minutes were approved.

6

Matters Arising from the previous meeting

 

The work on the Lang Stracht has been halted to resolve issues with badgers.

 

The new editor of the newsletter is not contactable at the moment. A new issue of the newsletter is due.KCC is to wait to see if Becky makes contact.

KCC

7

Planning & Environmental Issues
KCC made Steve and David aware of the local issues with the proposals for a new hotel in the Prime Four development. The KCC submission is available on the www.kwells.org website.KCC is disappointed that their efforts to find a compromise solution with the developer failed, and that the only option available was to lodge objections with ACC planners.

There was a report that residents were not pleased with the Prime Four development and that KCC were ‘blamed’ for the resulting development.

Barrie, Tom and Ian to provide additional information to ACC and to attend a meeting with planners.

Ian
Tom
Barrie

8

Accounts
No change.
AGM to be planned for April meeting.
Constitution was signed by KCC and Barrie to send to ACC.

Barrie

9

AOCB

 

N/A

10

Date of Next meeting:
Next meeting will be on Monday 11th March 2013 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 21.30.

Attachments

  1. kcc minutes Feb 13 (39.6 KiB)
    Kingswells Community Council Minutes February 2013