Kingswells Community Council Minutes July 2012

Kingswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting

Date: Monday 9th July, 2012
Time: 8pm
Venue: Kingswells Community Centre
Chair: Barrie Buchan (Chair)
Participants Alan Stott, Ian Cox (Secretary), Colleen Manson (Vice Chair), John Gerrie.
Apologies: Ivan Tonna, Alex Carnie, Stan McEwan, Meg Sands, Sam Stafrace, Tom Straiton.
/ Observers:
Councillor Steve Delaney (SD)Councillor Duncan Cameron (DC)

Oliver Berrow, Aberdeen Journals Reporter

Ann Ralph, Ron Howie





Introduction by Chair




Police report circulated. Kingswells continues to have very little crime.


Alan explained confusion with reporting system. Grampian & other regions differ in reporting procedures. Grampian Police will only open crime file when owner reports crime.


Members of the public
Ann Ralph reported road sign at Corse Wynd needs renewing & untidy area of ground – both responsibility of ACC. Ann to e-mail SD direct to action with ACC depts.





Councillor Delaneyupdated meeting on various ongoing matters:Fairley Road: road/tarmac damage reported.

Fairley Road Traffic island: to be removed.

Grass cutting problem: reports of grass not being picked up by ACC, but never has been – noticeable due to length/fewer cuts. A944 only half cut.

Dobbies Junction: Developer under obligation to conduct traffic survey. Independent audit to be done therefore a few months till survey results available.

NESCAMP survey – requested further info/specific data.

First bus – New service to Kingswells: Number 11 – route will include Fairley Road. Evening buses: half hourly. Late night service to be re-instated. Terminus at village centre.

P&R service: Kingswells to ARI only + Bridge of Don to ARI only.

Alan thanked SD for help to get Wellside Wynd playpark properly repaired.

Councillor Cameron

Attended Adventure Aberdeen meeting re field-positive meeting.

John contacted ROS, Edinburgh re ownership of field. Reply; No clear ownership. More than 1 owner. Ownership not defined. JG to write to ACC with findings.



Approval of minutesThe minutes of the previous meeting could not be approved as no quorum. Ian to make available on website as draft only.

Ron refutes allegations (item 1).



Matters Arising from the previous meeting


Roads reportnot completed as ACC walkabout expected to take place. Kingswells Crescent in desperate need of repair. Jet patching coming apart. Councillors to feed back to Roads Dept.Utility Company repairs: Utilities have agreement with local authorities that council’s should complete but often not done.



Chemist – green cross sign not gone through planning stage yet.


Planning & Environmental Issues
Countesswells: Ian & Barrie attended public meeting. Steering/Liaison group set up.2nd consultation: September – Workshop type.

November: going to Planning in Principle. Lot of work still to do. Consultation on school: 3 phases – 3 primary schools of 440.

9 months to build new school – developer to fund.

School numbers are still a ? at Countesswells.

Planned new academy.

New road off A944: Developers avoiding questions from land owners re access roads. Road traffic assessment being done.

Huxterstone: Chase this week. Awaiting Sandy Beattie’s reply. Ian
Environment: Tom, Ian and Barrie meeting with ACC officer re Core Paths next week. Will report back to KCC.
Drum: lots of water still lying


£25 to repair CCTV£13.50 land search






As no quorum, AGM postponed. Date to be advised


Date of Next meeting:
Next meeting will be on Monday 13th August 2012 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. (Apologies: Barrie Buchan, Steve Delaney.)Meeting closed at 9.10pm.



  1. kcc minutes July 2012 (92.1 KiB)
    Kingswells Community Council Minutes July 2012

One comment

  1. Regarding the Bus Terminus, where do you class The Village Centre to be then. People have different ideas about where the centre of the village is. Personally I think its outside the school. But if the Village Centre is outside the shops then there is no bus stop there..hmmmm

Comments are closed.