Kingswells Community Council Minutes March 2013

Kingswells Community Council Minutes of Meeting

Date: Monday 11th March, 2013
Time: 8 pm
Venue: Kingswells Community Centre
Chair: Barrie Buchan (Chair)
Participants Alex Carnie, Ian Cox (Secretary), Tom Straiton, Alan Stott, John Gerrie, Sam Stafrace (Vice Chair),Ron Howie, Meg Sands, Ivan Tonna, Stan McEwan
Apologies: Councillor David Cameron
Representatives
/ Observers:
Councillor Steve Delaney,Police: Sgt Andrew Jamieson

Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair

2

Police Report
The police report was passed around by email.
Police requested a copy of minutes prior to meeting.

Ian

New graffiti was reported to Stan

Stan

The police report identifies several sneak-in thefts from insecure homes and vehicles.Cars are targeted by youths and young males.

Another leaflet drop was suggested as the best way to make people aware of the situation. KCC and the Police are to work together.

KCC

Police

Police have completed a traffic survey on Kingswells Crescent.Police measures are in place.

Police

Police will perform additional checks on the A944

Police

The single Police Force will be in place from April 1.The non-emergency number will be 101 – the 0845 600 5 700 number will continue to function.

There was concern about where the calls will be answered. The calls will be answered in Bucksburn – so there will be no issues with lack of ‘Local knowledge’

There is currently noise nuisance from trail bikes in the fields near Gillahill. The police will not be taking action as the farmer has given permission and the fields will be ploughed in the next few weeks.Some members of KCC were disappointed by this response.
Horse fouling was discussed. KCC were advised that this was not an environmental issue it is not a police matter.

3

Members of the public
N/A

4

Councillors

 

Steve advised that SMG will pay £95,000 towards the cost of the drainage of the Fairley Road field. The previous figure of £9,500 was erroneous. The work will be carried out by ACC.

 

Steve is to ask for the West 1 sign to be removed as it currently advertises housing outside Kingswells.Post Meeting Note: Steve has since advised KCC that the sign will be removed ASAP.

 

There is still no action on the provision of Developer Contributions to the Village Hall. Steve is to chase the head of service.

Steve

 

KCC advised that there are now plans for the Kingswells North Junction of the AWPR to be upgraded to a full junction. Steve advised that he was not aware of these plans. KCC were advised at a meeting that funding of the upgrade would come from the Strategic Transport Fund. Steve is to investigate and feedback findings to KCC.

Steve

 

Alan reported poor condition of Kingswells Crescent. Steve is to chase.

Steve

 

Steve was asked what powers ACC have over the property owners in Union Street to maintain properties. Steve advised that ACC had no powers unless there were Health and Safety issues.

 

Steve was asked about the provision of Gypsy / Traveller halting sites. It became clear that Aberdeen plans to provide one site from the four options that will go to consultation in addition to the sites identified in the Local Development Plan.It was noted that Aberdeen would become an attractive place for the Gypsy / Travellers to visit if all the proposed sites were provided.

Policy H7 – Gypsy and Traveller Requirements for New Residential Developments

Sites listed below are required, as a part of the 25% affordable housing contribution, to make contributions towards the provision of sites for Gypsies and Travellers. The contribution will be for small sites of six pitches, with a net area of approximately 0.5ha. Site

  • Grandhome
  • Newhills Expansion (Craibstone, Rowett South and Greenferns Landward)
  • Countesswells
  • Greenferns
  • Loirston

Within Grandhome, the Newhills Expansion and Loirston sites, the provision must be provided on-site. Further guidance on the delivery of sites for Gypsies and Travellers is contained within Supplementary Guidance.

5

Approval of minutesMinutes were approved with comments. Ian is to update and issue. .

Ian

6

Matters Arising from the previous meeting

 

Stan advised that all outstanding actions from the walkabout have now been completed. KCC thanks ACC for good work.

 

The new editor of the newsletter is still not contactable. Barrie is to speak with Colleen to discuss the options.

Barrie

7

Planning & Environmental Issues
The roadworks on Kingswood Drive are expected to last for 8 weeks to provide a gas supply to Prime 4.
KCC has asked ACC to replace the trees that were removed at the Green Space Network at the south west edge of the Kingswells Roundabout. ACC’s initial reaction was to avoid the maintenance cost of new trees.Barrie is to ask planners for the plans for the completed roundabout.

Barrie

Barrie is to contact planners re the lack of response regarding a meeting to discuss the proposed new hotel and Historic Scotland.Post meeting Note: KCC was offered a meeting after the papers for the planning committee were issued. This was turned down as it was too late to influence the outcome. KCC were appalled when ACC advised that they are not obliged to advise Historic Scotland when a detailed planning application affecting a historic monument is out for consultation.

Barrie

8

Accounts
No change.

9

AOCB

 

Alex is to get litter cleared from the upper car park at the P&R.

Alex

 

The cost of hanging baskets has increased this year. Meg is to contact Prime Four to see if they want to contribute this year.

Meg

10

Date of Next meeting:
Next meeting will be on Monday 8th April 2013 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 21.50.

Attachments

  1. kcc minutes Mar 13 (32.4 KiB)
    Kingswells Community Council Minutes March 2013

One comment

Comments are closed.