Kingswells Community Council Minutes November 2011

Minutes of Kingswells Community Council Meeting

Date:

Monday 14th November, 2011

Time:

8 pm

Venue:

Kingswells Community Centre

Chair:

BarrieBuchan (Chair)

Participants

Alan Stott, Alex Carnie,Ian Cox(Secretary), Ron Howie,Colleen Manson(Vice Chair), John Gerrie, Sam Stafrace ,Meg Sands, Tom Straiton

Apologies:

Lord ProvostPeter Stephen, Stan McEwan

Representatives
/ Observers:

Inspector Colin Feely from the Police

Jonathan Kitching AdventureAberdeen

Councillor Wendy Stuart

Item

Minute

Action

1

Introduction by Chair

 

2

Police Report

 

 

Police report was distributed by email

 

 

Speeding on the A944: 4 people were stopped and were ‘spoken to’. Handheld speed guns are being used at random times and days to make the checks as effective as possible.

 

 

Young people drinking: the police request that incidents are reported – especially on Friday and Saturday nights.

Colleen will write an article in the Community News and will include the Police contact details.

Residents

 

Colleen

3

Approval of the minutes

 

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved.

 


4

Points from Member of the Public   

 

 

Jonathan explained that Adventure Aberdeen (AA) was about to seek approval from ACC to consider projects that would allow better use of the football pitch adjacent to AA inFairley Road. When appropriate the Community Council and other interested groups would be consulted to identify suitable uses.

KCC pointed out that the field represented the only area available for community use in that part of Kingswells. With the new homes currently being built and those that were planned for the future, this facility would be even more important than it is currently. It was essential that the community would have access to the facilities provided.

Jonathan confirmed that AA and Stewart Milne Group had not been in discussion re the development of the area.

When a suitable project is identified, then funding would have to be found.

HSE issues would have to be identified and managed. Jonathan suggested that this process might not be as difficult as it once was.

KCC would be allowed 2 members in a working group. The first meeting would be planned for April time when daylight would permit an evening site visit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 KCC

5

Attendees and Apologies

As Above

 

6

Matters Arising (not covered below)

 

 

Comments on Morrison’s planning application at the Lang Stracht was submitted to ACC.

 

 

The planning gain for the Barratts’ development atOld Skene Roadhad not been processed as yet. Building warrant approval is required before this can be progressed.

 

 

School roll is now 450 on the school website. This figure exclude nursery places.

 

 

KCC expressed their thanks to Bill Main who had kept the village centre tidy for a number of years.

 

7

Councillors

 

 

Wendy reported that all the grit boxes that ACC acquired recently had been allocated to communities, but if we required any then we should let her know.

Alex identified a box that was not being used, and asked if it could be used in an area where there was greater need. Alex is to identify the old and new locations to Wendy, and she would ensure the box was moved.

KCC

 

Alex

Wendy

8

Planning

 

 

Three Prime Four planning applications have been submitted. There is a substantial amount of information to be considered before comments can be submitted to ACC.

Any comments to be passed to Ian.

Barrieis to request an extension from the Planning Dept.

 

KCC

Ian

Barrie

 

The planning application for the Hairdresser was discussed. KCC will not make comments on this application.

KCC

 

Application for Erection of 3 dwellinghouses and change of use of land from agriculture to Class 9 (residential) was discussed. Tom is to make comments on this application

 Tom

 

Countesswells was discussed with the view of making an application for a boundary change to include Countesswells within the Kingswells Community Council boundary. The majority view was to contact Cults Bieldside & Miltimber Community Council to determine their view on this issue.

 

Ian

9

Treasurer’s Report

 

 

Expenses paid this month:

 

 

 

Water etc for KCC meetings

£29.34

CCTV – repair of cable

£95.00

CCTV – payment refunded by Community Centre

-£95.00
————– 

Total expenses

£29.34

 

 

Hanging baskets:

 

Carried over from previous year

£151.70

Donations

£649.53

Payment to ACC

-£518.40
———— 

Total

£282.83

 

 

Bank balance

£1,682.93

Hanging baskets funds

£282.83
————— 

KCC funds

£1,400.10

KCC will be able to carryover £1,000.00 without losing any funding from next year.

Members should submit expenses before the end of 2011.

 

10

AOCB

 

 

N/A

 

11

Date of Next meeting:

 

 

Next meeting will be on 12th December 2011 in coffee shop of Kingswells Community Centre. Meeting closed at 22:20.

 

 

Attachments

  1. minutes_November 2011 (30.2 KiB)