Kingswells Community Council have expressed concern about the signs Stewart Milne has erected by the Kingswells / Bucksburn road, These two signs have been erected without planning permission – the application is currently going through the planning system.
ACC Road Department have issued a memo expressing concerns over the safety of the signs. The memo has been included for your information.
Planning application no. P111398
Kingswells Bypass, opposite Park & Ride
Erection of 2 No.non-illuminated hoarding signs
- The proposal is for the erection of 2 number non-illuminated hoarding signs.
- The design standard set out in the DMRB should be applied for the erection of the proposed signs as the speed limit on the adjacent Kingswells Bypass is 50miles/hr.
- The sign 2 should not be placed within a visibility splay of 4.5m x 160.0m at the Fairley Road Junction to protect vehicular visibility and a site drawing to this effect should be submitted.
- Due to the speed limit on the road, I have serious concerns with the erection of the proposed signs on the immediate road verge without adequate protection as this constitutes road safety hazard.
- I would ask that these signs be set back from the road to at least a distance of 4.0m and not constitute of any reflective material that may distract motorists. A revised drawing to this effect should be submitted for approval.
I would object to this proposal due to road safety issues but may reconsider my position if I receive a revised site drawing incorporating the above comments.
Memo from Roads Department (76 KiB)